A list of the previously released official patches for SimCity by creator Maxis. The current patch version is 1.5.
| Patch notes
|| Release date
| Patch 1.2
|| March 7th, 2013
- Fix for a crash that occurred when claiming a city in a new region on a server that was experiencing lag
- Fix for an issue where server select would not display the last server played on if that server was currently unavailable
- Cheetah speed has been disabled, selecting it will not cause your SimCity to run any faster than at Llama speed.
- Implemented a fix for crashes related to the road system finding the closest point on a road
- Fixed crashes caused by transport and pedestrian code
- Identified and resolved a processing problem for cities with helicopters
| Patch 1.3
|| March 9th, 2013
- Fix for a crash related to the highway interchanges and vehicles.
- Traffic was optimized for complex road sections.
- Fix for a specific case of city processing that forced players to rollback their cities to a previous state.
- Fix for a crash some players saw when exiting their city.
- Rapidly clicking or accidently double clicking the Claim city button will no longer create multiple regions.
- Temporarily removed filtering by friends and maps on the Join Game screen to better support database performance. Players can still find friends' regions by going to their friends' profile pages.
- Various database optimization to address issues with connecting to the SimCity servers
- We added 8 additional servers!
| Patch 1.4
|| March 10th, 2013
- Update to the “Select a Server” dialog in the game launcher. This will now indicate which servers you have active cities on
- Fix for an issue where selection shard did not display when the previously selected server is down
- Fixed a problem where some players were getting stuck when switching shards in the server select menu
- Opened 1 new server: Antarctica
| Patch 1.5
|| March 12th, 2013
- This patch fixes an issue that was causing the game to crash.
- Optimizations to improve latency. The Region wall and city to city trading will be more responsive.
- Database optimizations that will improve the success rate for connections.
- Fixed an issue with rollbacks. Higher chance of success and less chance of getting in a rollback loop.